Turmeric Yellow Rice
This turmeric yellow rice is full of aromatic flavors and makes an elegant side dish! It is simple to make and can be cooked in a rice cooker or on the stove top.
1 cup basmati rice (rinsed)
1 tablespoon coconut oil (or unsalted butter)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups stock (chicken or vegetable)
1. In a medium pot, combine the basmati rice and all other ingredients.
2. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer (covered) for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let sit for another 10 minutes before fluffing with a fork and serving.
1. Combine the basmati rice and all other ingredients.
2. Cook using the 'white rice' function (or regular function if there is not a white rice option).
3. Once the cook time is up, fluff with a fork and enjoy!