Here is a new spin on meatballs! Instead of serving them with marinara sauce on top of pasta, try this asian twist and serve alongside some steamed broccoli or on top of rice noodles or spaghetti squash!
Each meatball is only 143 calories and has a whopping 15g of protein!
ASIAN TURKEY MEATBALLS
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole green onion, both green and white parts
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ⅛ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- green onions for serving, if desired
- sesame seeds for serving, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add turkey, breadcrumbs, garlic, green onions, egg, sesame oil and soy sauce. Mix with your hands until combined.
- Grease a baking sheet with oil.
- Portion out 12 meatballs. (Working with slightly wet hands helps)
- Place meatballs on the oiled baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes or until fully cooked, flipping halfway through.
- Take out of the oven and toss with the Asian sauce.
- Serve immediately and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
- Note: If you are freezing the meatballs do not toss with sauce until ready to serve.
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside until meatballs are done cooking.