BUCKWHEAT NOODLE STIR-FRY
Olive oil for cooking
2 cloves of garlic
Small cube of ginger
1 red pepper
2 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
Juice from half a lime
1 tbsp water
2 oz. buckwheat noodles
2 green onions
1 red chili
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 cup spinach
1. Heat the olive oil in the pan
2. Mince the garlic and thinly slice the ginger. Add ginger and garlic to the pan and allow to sweat in the oil for 2 minutes.
3. Slice the zucchini and red pepper and add them to the pan with the soy sauce, peanut butter, lime juice and water. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the green onions and chili to the pan.
5. Cook buckwheat noodles in a separate pan. Follow cooking instructions on packaging.
6. Shred the carrot into ribbons and add to the pan along with the spinach.
7. Drain noodles and mix into the pan and serve.
Buckwheat noodles are great as gluten free pasta alternative. These noodles can get very sticky. You can pour cold water over the noodles or use some extra olive oil to help prevent the sticking.
This dish is plant based, but adding in choice of protein is always welcome. Tofu, shrimp, or chicken is recommended.
Makes 2 servings
NUTRITION FACTS (1 serving w/o added protein source): 395 cal, 37.5 g carbs, 23 g fat, 12 g protein, 9.5 g sugar