HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER RICE
1-ingredient cauliflower rice, perfect for practically any dish that calls for brown or white rice!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Servings: 8 (1/2-cup servings)
Category: Side Dish
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
Freezer Friendly 1 month
Does it keep? 4 Days
1 large head cauliflower
- Wash and thoroughly dry cauliflower, then remove all greens.
- If using a box grater, cut the cauliflower into large chunks and use the medium-sized holes (see photo – the side commonly used to grate
cheese), to grate into “rice.” If using a food processor, cut into small pieces and use the grater attachment to grate the cauliflower into
- Optional: Transfer to a clean towel or paper towel and press to remove any excess moisture, which can make your dish soggy.
- Once you have your cauliflower rice, it’s easy to cook (or enjoy raw)! Simply sauté in a large skillet over medium heat in 1 Tbsp oil. Cover
with a lid so the cauliflower steams and becomes more tender. Cook for a total of 5-8 minutes, then season as desired (such as with soy
sauce or salt and pepper).
- Use cauliflower rice in recipes that call for rice, such as stir fries or fried rice! Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Store
uncooked cauliflower rice in the freezer up to 1 month.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 8 half-cup servings)
Calories: 25 Fat: 0.1g Sodium: 30mg Carbohydrates: 5.3g Fiber: 2.5g Sugar: 2.4g Protei