Image and recipe from: myvega.com
One of the biggest misconceptions about living a healthy lifestyle, losing weight and getting fit is that you can’t have dessert!
When you make your own sweet treats, you can use healthful ingredients that support your health and make your taste buds jump with joy.
This chocolate chia pudding from myvega.com is a sweet treat that you can have for dessert or breakfast! One serving of Vega Sport® Protein has 30g of plant-based protein, 6g of BCAAs, 1 billion CFU of probiotics and other anti-inflammatory ingredients such as turmeric and beetroot powder.
Cocoa powder also has many health benefits. It’s a good source or iron, manganese, magnesium and iron – all important minerals to support proper functioning of the muscles, nervous system and red blood cell production. Cocoa is also rich in flavanoids, which help to prevent inflammation.
Choc-O-Lot Chia Pudding
- 1 serving Chocolate Vega Sport® Performance Protein
- 1 Tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk (option: unsweetened chocolate almond milk)
- 1 tsp agave (optional)
- Optional Toppings: ¼ cup fresh or frozen berries, or 10 chopped almonds
- Mix Performance Protein, cacao, vanilla, almond milk, agave and chia seeds in a bowl.
- Stir until combined and store (covered) in the refrigerator for at least 20 min (can be left to set overnight).
- Top with berries and nuts, and enjoy.
- *Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator (without topping) for up to 3 days.