While coffee isn’t on the “bad list,” reducing it can certainly have its benefits for some people – specifically those that are stressed out, suffering from adrenal exhaustion, hormone imbalance or chronic inflammation.
If herbal tea isn’t your thing, you may want to try Dandy blend, an “herbal coffee substitute that features the smoothness and texture of real coffee.”
Dandy Blend is made of the extracts of roasted barley, rye, chicory root, dandelion root and sugar beetroot. It’s gluten-free and has zero caffeine.
Many people also say that don’t have the typical withdrawal symptoms from coming off of coffee when they switch to Dandy Blend.
Here’s a delicious anti-inflammatory Dandy Blend Elixir we discovered from wellness blogger Melissa Singh.
COFFEE BE GONE, DANDY BLEND ELIXIR
- 1 1/4 cup Homemade Almond Milk Or dairy free milk of your choice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 heaping tbsp Dandy Blend
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- honey or maple syrup to taste
- In a small pot over medium heat, heat your almond milk to your desired temperature. If you have a milk steamer like I do, you could also heat your milk with a steamer.
- Once the milk is heated, add all ingredients to a blender, and blend on low/medium for about 15-20 seconds so all ingredients blend together nicely.
- Pour and serve into your favourite mug!