Courtesy of iheartnaptime.com
Making breakfast every morning can be time consuming. To stick to healthy habits, make it easier on yourself. Recipes like these super easy Mini Egg Frittatas are a great way to guarantee you’re getting the healthy breakfast you need to support your daily workouts and activities. Full of healthy protein, omega-3 fats and veggies, this is the perfect grab-and-go meal!
MINI EGG FRITTATASIngredients:
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked crumbled breakfast sausage, bacon or diced ham
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a non-stick or silicone muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil into a a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add the bell pepper and onion and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the meat and spinach and cook an additional 2 minutes. Place 1 heaping Tablespoon into each muffin cup.
- Next whisk the eggs into a medium size bowl. Stir in the salt and pepper. Then pour over the meat mixture in the muffin tin, leaving 1/4″ from the top.
- Cook for 23 to 30 minutes, or until the egg has puffed and comes clean with a toothpick.
- Run a knife around the edges to pop the egg frittatas out. Enjoy while hot.
- Store in the an air tight container in the refrigerator. Eat within 5 days.
- To make these without meat, try substituting mushrooms.
- For a yummy addition mix in 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- To make these even easier simply whisk the eggs together and then stir in the rest of the ingredients and skip the pre-cooking.
- A silicone muffin pan will be your best friend with these
Want more nutrition and fitness tips? Sign up for our newsletter and never miss another article