- 1 cup dry/uncooked Quinoa
- 2 cups of Water
- 1 cup Cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped Scallions
- 1 cup chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped Fresh Mint
- 1 cup Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, chopped or quartered
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- In a small pot, combine quinoa and water (can use 1 cup water, 1 cup vegetable broth for a flavor boost). Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer until done, or about 15 minutes.
- Chill the quinoa thoroughly (~30 minutes).
- Add the cucumber, scallions, parsley, mint, and tomatoes to the chilled quinoa. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic until well blended.
- Add dressing to the quinoa and veggies, mix until thoroughly combined.
- Chill before serving.