- Cook15 m
- Ready In35 m
Recipe By: Carolyn Casner
“In this quick vegetarian dinner recipe, you can skip boiling the gnocchi—they’ll cook through while roasting on the sheet pan with the rest of the ingredients. If you can’t find Meyer lemons, use 1 small regular lemon in Step 2 and use 4 teaspoons lemon juice and 2 teaspoons orange juice in Step 4.”
- 2 Meyer lemons (see Tips above)
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 (16 ounce) package shelf-stable gnocchi
- 1 cup thickly sliced shallots
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Slice and seed 1 lemon. Toss in a large bowl with Brussels sprouts, gnocchi, shallots, 2 tablespoons oil, ¼ teaspoon pepper and ⅛ teaspoon salt. Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet.
- 3Roast, stirring once or twice, until the gnocchi are plump and the Brussels sprouts are tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- 4Squeeze juice from the remaining lemon. Return the gnocchi mixture to the bowl and toss with sun-dried tomatoes, the lemon juice and the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, ¼ teaspoon pepper and ⅛ teaspoon salt.
- Tips: Sunny yellow Meyer lemons have a distinctive sweet-tart floral taste. Find them in late winter and early spring in well-stocked markets. You can substitute for the juice with 2 parts lemon juice and 1 part orange juice.
- Organic lemons are less likely to have traces of fungicides commonly used on citrus. So choose organic when cooking with lemon peel and zest.