Image and recipe: www.kirbiecravings.com
A healthier twist on an old time favorite, these Spaghetti Squash Tater Tots are the perfect low-carb snack or appetizer for get togethers.
Spaghetti squash is also a delicous low-carb alternative for pasta!
In addition to its versatility, spaghetti squash is also a great source of fiber, making it beneficial in managing blood sugar levels, cholesterol and weight. It also has a wide variety of vitamins such as Vitamins A, C and various B vitamins.
- 1 1/2 cups packed cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs (please use panko for best results; if using regular bread crumbs, you will need to adjust and use less)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- Roughly chop spaghetti squash into small pieces so that it resembles shredded squash.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients. Mix with a spoon until everything is thoroughly combined and all the of the mixture is moistened.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of squash batter and squeeze tightly between the palm of your hand a few times. This should release some liquid which will further moisten your mixture as well as allowing the mixture to compact and stick together easily. Gently shape to resemble a cylinder. Place onto a baking sheet and repeat with remaining mixture. Space tots about 1/2 inch apart. You should be able to make about 25 tots.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes until bottoms are golden brown and crispy. Flip over and bake for another 3-5 minutes. Serve warm with dipping sauce of your choice.