6 oz or 2 cups of whole grain rotini pasta (can sub gluten free pasta)
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 pints Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
1/2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
8 oz Mozzarella "Pearls," or one ball torn into bite size pieces
2 tbsp Fresh Chopped Basil
2-3 tsp White or Regular Balsamic Vinegar
1. Boil large pot of salted water and cook pasta per packaging instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Combine olive oil, tomatoes, and salt in a large skillet over medium heat and cover. Stir occasionally until tomatoes have burst out of their skins, about 6-12 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and add in the pasta, stir to combine. After it has cooled for a few minutes add in the chopped basil.
4. Next, stir in the mozzarella pearls and add in the vinegar. Taste it to make sure it doesn't need any extra vinegar or salt. Let the mixture stand for 20 minutes for best results.
5. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
*MAKES 4 SERVINGS