FORSTER STRUCTURE PROGRAM© Stretching for Recovery
FORSTER STRUCTURE PROGRAM© Total body Foam Rolling Program
As a sports medicine practitioner, I like to say that “All training is futile if time for recovery was missed.” Foam rolling is an essential practice; so much so, that I created a foam rolling routine that will target all the major muscle groups. More than just recovery, foam rolling can give you myo-facial release, joint mobilization, and even improve your alignment and posture! A foam roller works by using your own body weight to give you many of the same benefits of sports massage, including the ability to restore sore, kinked-up, tight post-workout muscles, tendons, and fascia to their normal tone. Foam rolling speeds muscle recovery by increasing blood flow, circulation, and range of motion, making you resistant to injuries caused by adhesions and scar tissue that limit range of motion.
FORSTER TRAINING SYSTEMS© Self Massage Techniques
- Post-exercise lactate removal was significantly faster with compression stockings.
- Compression stockings improved all markers of recovery except for creatine kinase (a marker of muscle cell damage).
- The EC30 stockings produced the lowest levels of fatigue.
- Blood lactate levels after the tests were lower with compression stockings. For the second experiment (3-minute max efforts) post-exercise lactate was lower only when compression stockings were worn during recovery.
- Recreationally active men experienced a reduction in delayed-onset muscle soreness 24 hours after wearing compression stockings (18-22 mmHg) compared with traditional sports socks.
- Wearing a full-body compression garment for 24 hours after a challenging, heavy-resistance strength workout enhanced psychological, physiological and performance markers of recovery when compared with non-compressive garments.