Nutrition Per Serving
10 Servings of 2 Tacos with Accompaniments
High Fiber, Vegetarian, Pescatarian, Egg Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Pork Free, Red Meat Free, Crustacean Free, Celery Free, Mustard Free, Sesame Free, Lupine Free, Mollusk Free, Alcohol Free, Kosher
Calories 367, Fat 9g, Carbs 58, Fiber 9g, Sugar 8g, Protein 17g
- 2 cups of black lentils
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 8 ounce can of Goya tomato sauce
- 2 packages of taco spice mix
Pickled Red Onion:
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- Hard taco shells
- Sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- Bring 2 cups of black lentils to a boil. Then set on simmer, partially covered for about 20-25 minutes.
- While the lentils are cooking, start making the rest of the filling. Heat a large pot to medium heat. Dice the green bell pepper, red bell pepper and red onion. Place in the pot with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, a pinch of salt and a pinch of seasoning. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- While they are sautéing, mince the garlic and add in to the pot in the last minute.
- For the cauliflower, place in a food processor and quickly pulse to break it up into rice size pieces. Do not over process as it will become watery. Place the cauliflower in the pot with the other veggies. Season with a pinch of salt and some of the seasoning. Sauté for about a minute.
- Check on the lentils. If they are al dente, remove from the water and drain. Then place in the pot with the other veggies. Season with a pinch of salt and the rest of the seasonings. Also add in the tomato sauce. Stir and heat all the way though. Taste. Adjust seasonings to your liking. Maybe some salt or more cumin or garlic powder.
- Serve with some sour cream, cheese, chopped tomato, onion and lettuce.