FREE EVENT @PERFORMANCE BICYCLE: IT’S ALL ABOUT THAT BASE
Winter Training: It’s all about that base!
FREE | NOVEMBER 7 | 7 PM
Winter training is crucial to your success in cycling. Improving your aerobic base and strength this winter will improve your “Power to Body Weight Ratio” and greatly improve your ability to climb and help you go faster next season.
Maximize your Winter training with Metabolic and Strength training workouts to create a bigger aerobic engine and increased power for injury free, peak performance in 2018.
Your Winter Base program must include a Periodized approach to your training, including a cycling specific weight training regimen, and precision heart rate training.
What you do this Winter will improve your climbing speed and power immensely!
At this lecture you will learn:
• How to improve your Power to Body Weight Ratio
• How to maximize your cycling time and health benefits
• How to build structural and joint stability
• How to build your fitness on the flats, and when to add in hills
• How to build power and manage your weight
• Why winter is the perfect time to optimize your base training
• The importance of weight training to increase your climbing fitness
• Why you must climb aerobically to conquer the mountains
• Why there are only three important days of training on the bike each week
• Plus much more!
About our Host CEO Robert Forster, PT
Bob is a best selling author, international spokesperson, cyclist, Physical Therapist, and CEO Founder of FORSTER PHYSICAL THERAPY AND PHASE IV the exclusive Physical Therapy providers for 24 Hour Fitness, and elite performance cyclists including World Champion
Bob has completed seven of the toughest multi-day cycling events in the world, including the TransAlp Challenge, La Ruta de los Conquistadores in Costa Rica and the B.C. Bike Race.
WHEN: Wednesday, November 7 | 7:00pm
WHERE: Performance Bicycle
1314 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90403