If you love sweet potatoes and tuna salad, this is the perfect quick weeknight dinner that requires only a few ingredients.
Sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, immune and skin boosting beta carotene and Vitamin C. Tuna is a great source of heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids and protein. This recipe also swaps in Greek yogurt for the traditional mayonnaise used in tuna salad recipes.
TUNA SWEET POTATO JACKETSIngredients:
- 4 small sweet potatoes (about 200g each)
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 small red chili, deseeded and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 6 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Handful coriander leaves
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and prick all over with a fork. Place on a microwaveable plate and cook on High for 18-20 mins, or until tender. Split in half and place each one, cut-side up, on a serving plate.
- Flake the drained tuna with a fork and divide between the sweet potatoes. Top with the red onion and chili, then squeeze over the lime juice. Top with a dollop of yogurt and scatter over the coriander, to serve.