Image and recipe from Pickled Plum
We get it. Not everyone has time to cook a fresh meal three times a day, seven days a week. Luckily, there are recipes like this Turmeric Spiced Tuna Salad that will support you on your health journey that take little to no time to make!
While the original recipe is for a tuna salad sandwich, if you’re watching your carbs, you can swap out the bread for a green salad.
Tuna is loaded with anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids, which may help lower risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and arthritis. We recommend Wild Planet brand. Their tuna is cooked just once in the can, retaining all of its natural juices and Omega 3 oils, and is packed in cans with no added water or oil. They also use smaller fish, which reduces the mercury content.
The turmeric in this recipe increases the anti-inflammatory factor and the rich selenium content makes this a great choice to support heart and thyroid health.
TURMERIC SPICED TUNA SALAD
Makes 3 servings
- 1/2 cup celery finely chopped
- 2 5 ounces can tuna in water drained
- 4 small small cornichons, gerkins finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- whole wheat pita bread or whole grain sandwich bread
- avocado slices
- tomato slices
Put all the ingredients for the tuna salad in a bowl and mix well.
Assembling the sandwich:
- Slice a pita bread in half and spread the tuna salad evenly into each one.
- Add avocado and tomato slices and serve immediately.