Updated May, 12, 2020
As the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) continues, and while gyms are closed, our goal is to keep our community healthy by maintaining a sanitized environment for your workouts and a low client density.
The warm water exercise pool at Forster Physical Therapy is functioning with a new high efficiency filter and heater to allow for safe WaterPower Workouts.
We also now offer video and phone consults with your therapist as a new strategy to progress your home exercise program and continue your journey to full health.
We are working hard to maintain our full staff during this unprecedented economic lockdown, and we ask for your support to perhaps renew your next ten pack now, even before running out of visits, if you are able. Cash flow is a critical aspect of maintaining PHASE IV operations and our our very existence.
Thank you for your support.
We are committed to reducing the risk of illness amongst our most vulnerable during the outbreak of flu and virus this season. We have experienced many viruses over the past 40 years of our business (MERS, SARS, Avian flu, swine flu, Zika, Ebola, etc.) and continue to implement policies and procedures for your safety.
All of us, independently and socially, who work in cooperation with the guidelines set forth by the centers for disease control and the World Health Organization will save lives and undue suffering. As healthcare professionals, we want to reassure you that we are working diligently to keep you and our staff healthy.
Our Forster Physical Therapy and PHASE IV Center are open and we are maintaining our normal schedule.
We believe that less is more when it comes to social interaction; so we will keep you connected via our weekly updates from our CEO in his Newsletter. As always, we are available in person for private consultations and exercise training and technique in our exercise labs.
We are serious about our patient’s health and are proud of the care we provide. Daily, as part of our normal procedure, these are the steps we take to ensure our office is clean and disinfected:
- Require all visitors entering the building and staff to sanitize their hands
- Measure the body temperature of of all guests and staff to pre-screen for illness
- Disinfect all treatment surfaces, exercise equipment, cuff weights and dumbbells after each use
- Offer disposable gloves for contact with exercise equipment
- Apply disposable sanitary pillow cases used in patient positioning
- Maintain constant ventilation and using air filters to remove particulate matter from the air
- Screen patients for those who themselves, or household members, have travelled to level 2 and 3 designations: Japan, China, Italy, South Korea or Iran in the last 14 days, and requiring them to not schedule PT appointments for 14 days upon. Likewise for anyone who knowingly have been in close contact to anyone diagnosed with the corona virus.
Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces, including:
- Faucets and sinks
- Keypads, computer terminals and iPads
- POS terminals
Cleaning workspaces frequently, including the:
- Treatment environment:
- Requiring employees to clean hands often by:
- Washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before entering patient care areas
- Using hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol after all patient contact, face touching, nose blowing, coughing, or sneezing
- Covering all surfaces of hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry
- Making hand sanitizer available to customers
- Avoiding touch to nose, eyes, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Respiratory Etiquette
- Covering coughs and sneezes (mouth and nose) with a tissue or the inside of elbow
- Throwing used tissues in the trash
- Sick employees are not to report to work
- We require all employees to notify supervisors in advance of unanticipated absence
- If an employee is out for three (3) consecutive shifts a doctor’s note is required to return to work
Please call to speak to your therapist or come in and discuss your care in a sanitized environment.
Forster Physical Therapy: 310-656-8600
PHASE IV Scientific Health and Performance Center: 310-582-8212