- 1-1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy or tamari sauce
- 2 tsp of chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch (optional)
- Pour minced garlic, soy or tamari sauce, honey, and chili garlic sauce into crock pot or slow cooker. Whisk together until the honey has been dissolved.
- Place chicken into crock pot and be sure to get both sides of the chicken fully covered in the sauce.
- Turn slow cooker on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- After chicken is cooked fully take it out and shred it with 2 forks.
- If you wish to thicken the sauce add in 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch to the sauce mixture and mix it in fully until it is dissolved.
- Add the shredded chicken breast back into the crock pot and stir. Let cook for 10 more minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa and green beans, broccoli, or peppers.