Turkey & Carrot Meatballs with Zucchini Noodles
1 lb Lean Ground Turkey
1 medium Carrot (peeled and shredded)
1 large Egg (beaten)
1/2 cup Quick Oats
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
1/2 cup Fresh Basil (chopped)
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
1 Jar of Pasta Sauce (~26 oz.)
4 medium Zucchini (washed, ends trimmed)
2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly oil or coat a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Place ground turkey, carrot, egg, oats, parmesan cheese, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and mix until combined.
3. Shape the meat mixture into 1/2 inch balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet and cook until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
4. Place pasta sauce in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Cover and bring to a simmer. When turkey meatballs come out of the oven, add them to the sauce, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, until meatballs are fully cooked and have absorbed some of the sauce's flavors (~20 minutes).
5. Next, spiralize the zucchini into noodles. Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini noodles and cook, tossing frequently with tongs, until al dente (~5 minutes).
6. Transfer the cooked noodles to individual plates or bowls and serve with the sauce and meatballs on top.
Nutrition Facts (per individual serving): 340 calories, 525 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrates, 7 g dietary fiber, 17 g sugar, 30 g protein.
*Recipe Courtesy of Today's Dietitian Magazine