It’s getting really hot in Southern California and there’s nothing more cooling than a refreshing beverage. However, while you may be tempted to leave work early and make it to happy hour for a chilled Rosé, alcohol can dehydrate you even more!
Instead, try a homemade non-alcoholic beverage like this Coconut Water Lemonade which will cool you down and rehydrate you!Some reports says that coconut water was given intravenously to people during World War II when regular IV saline solution was in short supply to rehydrate the blood!
I recommend first trying it without any added sweetener as coconut water is naturally sweet.
COCONUT WATER LEMONADE6 Servings Ingredients:
- 4 cups canned coconut water
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 lime, extract the juice, optional
- 3 tablespoons sugar or agave nectar
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 cups ice
- Mint leaves, for garnishing
- Slice the lemon into pieces, set aside.
- In a pitcher, combine the coconut water, lemon juice, lime juice and sugar together.
- Stir to mix well.
- Add the sliced lemons and ice into the pitcher.
- Pour the lemonade into glasses and garnish with mint leaves.