There’s a lot of research on the benefits of seasonal eating and here in SoCal, the corn is abundant! It’s so sweet and juicy you barely have to even cook it!
While this recipe calls for grilling the corn, if you don’t have a grill, you can always boil it and then lightly brown it in a cast iron pan with a little olive oil on the stove.
You can customize this salad by using any greens you like and switching up the black beans or chickpeas or pinto beans. If you want to make this lower carb, just omit the pasta and you will still have a delicious and filling salad!
MEXICAN STREET CORN CHICKEN SALADIngredients: Salad
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups shredded chicken rotisserie chicken works well
- 3 cups cooked bowtie pasta noodles or another short noodle
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija or queso fresco cheese
- 1/3 cup light mayo
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Brush corn with oil and season with salt to taste. Grill over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes, turning throughout, until kernels begin to char. Allow to cool slightly before using a sharp knife to cut kernels from the cobs.
- In a large bowl combine spinach, chicken, pasta, grilled corn, avocados, cilantro, onions, and cheese. Pour dressing over the top and toss to combine. Serve immediately.