• 1 head of cauliflower
• 2 tsp canola oil
• 4 large eggs
• 2 tsp fresh ginger
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas
• 1/2 cup vegetable broth
• 2 tbsp low-sodium soy or tamari sauce
• 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
• 1 green onion
• Cut cauliflower into florets and place into food processor in batches until it resembles the texture of rice.
• Peel and then slice the carrots thinly.
• Beat the 4 eggs slightly and sit aside.
• Mince the ginger and garlic.
• Cut the green onion diagonally.
• Heat 1/2 tsp of canola oil on large non-stick pan and cook the eggs for 2-3 minutes. Make sure to stir frequently. Cut into thinly sliced pieces and set aside.
• Wipe the skillet clean and heat the remaining canola oil on medium. Add in the carrots, ginger, garlic and cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently. Increase heat slightly and add in cauliflower and sugar snap peas. Cook and stir constantly for 5 minutes until cauliflower is crisp.
• Add in vegetable broth, soy or tamari sauce, and sesame oil into cauliflower mixture; cook for 1 minute. Mix in thinly sliced eggs and cook until heated. Sprinkle green onions on top and immediately serve.
Makes 4 servings
Per 1 Serving: 277 cal, 33 g carbs, 14 g protein, 11 g fat, 523 mg sodium, 10 g dietary fiber, 7 g sugar