Nothing better than an meal that looks like a celebration!With the summer still in full swing, this is an easy and flavor recipe to throw on an indoor or outdoor grill. Pair this delicious grilled chicken with some cauliflower cilantro rice if you’re sticking to low carb or some cilantro brown rice or quinoa!
JALAPENO CILANTRO LIME GRILLED CHICKENIngredients:
- 2 Tablespoons minced jalapeno
- 2 cups roughly chopped cilantro, not packed
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, from 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 1/2 – 2 pounds
- Place all the ingredients except the chicken breasts into a small food processor and process until it’s a pesto like consistency. You should have 1/2 cup pesto/sauce.
- Measure out 1/4 cup, cover and place it in the refrigerator to reserve it until the end of the cooking time.
- Pour the remaining 1/4 cup over the chicken breasts and toss to fully coat each chicken breast. Cover and place the chicken breasts into the refrigerator to marinade for 1 hour.
- When the chicken has finished marinading, remove the reserved sauce from the refrigerator and let it start to come to room temperature. Preheat the grill over medium heat until it reaches a steady temperature of 350º-400ºF.
- Place the chicken on the grill and grill for about 8 minutes per side or until no longer pink in the center.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and brush the reserved sauce over the top and serve immediately.
Original image and recipe: Get Inspired Everyday