Image and Recipe: realsimplegood.com
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be super complicated. One of the best ways to ensure you stick to your New Years goals is to figure out ways to make them easier!
Using a crockpot is a great way to ensure you have healthy, fresh food on the table without spending hours over the stove. There are thousands of recipes you can make from this one simple kitchen appliance. This Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup is a delicious and comforting recipe for these chillier winter days packed full of protein. Serve it alongside some steamed or roasted vegetables or a simple green salad.
CROCKPOT CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUPIngredients:
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 can fire roasted crushed tomatoes (14.5 oz can)
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups bone broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 avocado
- fresh cilantro
- Prepare all of the ingredients as noted above, and add all of the ingredients, except for the garnish ingredients, into your crockpot or Instant Pot in the order listed above.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours in the crockpot, on high for 3 hours in the crockpot, or for 20 minutes in the Instant Pot on the manual setting. Once done, use two forks to shred chicken in the crockpot. Ladle into bowls and serve with avocado and fresh cilantro.