Summer is in full swing and with the soaring temperatures, there's nothing like a cold, creamy ice cream sundae to cool you down.
Unfortunately, a scoop of ice cream every night won't do much good for your health or waist line. Luckily, there are some creative cooks that have figured out how to make healthy alternatives to your favorite creamy treat using fruit and a few other healthy ingredients.
We love this take on chocolate ice cream because of the protein powder that makes this perfect for morning, evening or even post-workout!
CHOCOLATE NICE CREAM BREAKFAST PARFAITProtein Packed Chocolate Nice Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cups frozen banana slices
- 1 tbsp peanut butter/almond butter (or sunflower seed butter for nut-free)
- 1 scoops protein powder (we love Chocolate Vega Sport Performance Protein) (optional)
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp creamy non-dairy milk (optional for thinning a bit) (full fat coconut milk., cashew milk or almond milk will work)
- Chocolate Nice Cream
- Sliced fresh bananas
- Mini chocolate chips
- Raw rolled oats (certified gluten free if necessary)
- Fresh blueberries
Place frozen bananas, peanut butter, protein powder, cocoa powder, vanilla and non-dairy milk in a food processor and process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
Use it immediately or place in a bowl in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden up just a bit.
Layer the chocolate nice cream with fresh banana slices, raw rolled oats, chocolate chips and blueberries (or whatever else your heart desires).