Filled with heart-healthy ingredients like fish, olive oil, spinach and quinoa, this is a dish that will make you feel good from the inside out!
Whitefish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which play an essential role in lowering blood pressure, reducing triglycerides, slowing the development of plaque and reducing the risk of heart-related complications.
Olive oil is a great source of monounsaturated fat, which helps to maintain healthy cells, may lower LDL levels and provide Vitamin E a powerful antioxidant.
Spinach is a rich source of lutein, folate, potassium, and fiber, all which can help to keep your heart healthy.
Whole grains such as quinoa are also a good source of fiber and heart healthy fats that can help to boost HDL cholesterol.
Pistachio Crusted FishIngredients:
- 3/4 c quinoa
- 4 6-ounce pieces firm skinless white fish (such as cod or tilapia)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c unsalted shelled pistachios (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 c baby spinach
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Cook quinoa per package directions. Season fish with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, then brush 1 tablespoon nonfat Greek yogurt on each.
- Mix whole-wheat panko bread crumbs and chopped pistachios with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle over fish, pressing gently to adhere. Bake on a nonstick foil-lined rimmed baking sheet at 375°F until opaque throughout, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Fluff quinoa, then add baby spinach, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; toss to combine and serve with fish.