Makes 2-3 Servings
- Coconut Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large ripe Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Powdered Garlic
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 4 Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- 7 oz cooked Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Avocado, chopped Parsley or Basil and bed of Arugula to serve, plus extra lemon wedges (All optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use an oven proof frying pan and place it over medium to high heat and add a little oil. Add the tomatoes, pepper, and garlic, and as it cooks add a big squeeze of lemon juice. Turn the heat down to low-medium , add the chili and paprika and stir. Add beans and quinoa and stir until well combined.
- Next, take the pan off of the heat and using the back of a tablespoon form 4 little divots in the tomato mix. Make them large enough to contain an egg, but be sure to not go all the way down to the base of the pan when making the divots. Place an egg in each divot and return the pan to a low heat to cook for 5 minutes.
- Place the whole pan in the oven (make sure pan is ovenproof) under the broiler on low and cook for 10-20 minutes.
- Once cooked be careful taking the pan out of the oven. Make sure to use hot pads to handle the pan and to place the pan on after removing from the oven.
- Arrange a fresh bed of arugula on 2 serving plates, then use a large serving spoon to transfer the egg and tomato mixture onto the plates. Serve with some avocado and a squeeze of lemon.