The Five Best Weight Loss Tips
Posted In Lifestyle, Mindset, Scientific Fitness
1. Make the decision and get your mindset in the right placeOnce you decide to reach your health goals, you will have to shift your thinking one day at a time. Your old beliefs and way of thinking will keep trying to nudge its way back into your daily life with negative habits and behaviors. The key is getting proper guidance that will help you make informed decisions on a daily basis. At PHASE IV we offer personal body coaching to help motivate you and keep you on track.
2. Get your resting metabolism testedDieting doesn’t always mean cutting calories. You could be eating too much, or even too little. Find out how your body uses energy on a daily basis. A resting metabolic rate test will give you insight as to how many calories you need to take in each day in an effort to reach your goal weight. With this information, you can make sure you feed your body only what it needs while keeping your metabolism boosted.
3. Find out where your training zones are with a VO2 testThe best way to determine your optimal fat burning zone with any precision is to undergo a simple metabolic test called a VO2 Analysis. This test takes a “snap shot” of your physiology while you exercise and tells us the most productive exercise intensity i.e. when you are burning the most fat. These precision metabolic tests will produce an exact personalized heart rate prescription from which to design your activity program for optimal results. Because each person’s metabolism is unique to their personal physiology, Phase IV metabolic testing is the only way to accurately determine your proper heart rate training zones. Eliminate the guess work and frustration of plateaus by training with science!
4. Make the decision to eat a clean dietClean out the pantry and house of all bad foods. If you can’t resist temptation and even if you can, just get rid of all the non-nutritive food, period! Preparing your meals at home can help you control what you put into your body. Also, pay attention to how eating healthy gives you more energy. This association will provide stronger motivation to keep you on track. At PHASEIV we will help you build an intuitive nutrition program that will teach your body to burn more fat through the perfect balance of proteins, carbs, and fats.
5. Get plenty of sleepSleep deprivation causes hormone imbalances. These out-of-balance hormones wreak havoc on your appetite and metabolism. According to Michael Breus, PhD, author of Beauty Sleep and the clinical director of the sleep division for Arrowhead Health in Glendale, Arizona; the two hormones that are key in this process are ghrelin and leptin. “Ghrelin is the ‘go’ hormone that tells you when to eat, and when you are sleep-deprived, you have more ghrelin,” Breus says. “Leptin is the hormone that tells you to stop eating, and when you are sleep deprived, you have less leptin.” More ghrelin plus less leptin equals weight gain. It is recommended that you get at least 7.5 hours of sleep per night.
Exercise is not the only factor for fitness, functional health and performance in life and sport. Food is fuel for life, and it is the single most important factor in developing a healthy digestive system. Just like with your exercise training, a science-based approach to what you put in your body and when you do it has a great effect on your ability to achieve your health goals. The PHASE IV approach to health and fitness involves guided exercise and an easy-to-follow, “close-to-the- earth” diet. Both are designed for one singular goal: metabolic efficiency—to make you a better butter burner. But where do you start? How DO YOU construct a dietary program that addresses your unique personal physiology, genetics, lifestyle, and metabolism? Our thorough understanding of the intricate synergistic relationship between nourishment, lifestyle, exercise and enhanced metabolic function, will result in a science based program that defines exactly how to fuel your body, and the exact calories you need to fuel your exercise. With PHASE IV individualized programs and support, you will achieve your goals and realize the functional health you’ve always wanted!